Full Terms and Conditions
The Small Business Empowerment Prize Draw (the “Promotion”) is Promoted by [Amazon EU S.a r.l. (“Amazon” or the “Promoter”) and administered by PromoVeritas Ltd (the “Administrator”). The Promotion is governed by these official rules (the “Official Rules” or “Rules”) and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating, you (the “Entrant”) agree to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understand that all decisions as determined by Amazon, are final in all respects. Direct any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Promotion to the Administrator using the contact information provided below.
Please read these Official Rules carefully because they affect your legal rights. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Your right to participate in the Promotion is conditioned upon your acceptance and compliance with these Rules. If you do not agree to be bound by these Rules, you are not authorized to participate in the Promotion.
This Promotion is open to:  residents of the United Kingdom,  who are aged 18 or over;  have a valid email address; and  an active Amazon.co.uk customer account, excluding anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
Enter between 08:00:00 BST on 21st June 2022 and 23:59:59 BST on 11th July 2022 (hereinafter “Promotion Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
Enter by making a qualifying Small Business Purchase on Amazon:
- visit www.primedaysweepstakes.co.uk and submit your details (date of birth and Amazon Login)
- visit www.amazon.co.uk and make a qualifying purchase of at least £1 on a small business product from a participating small business retailer as designated and labelled by Amazon’s stores (herein after “Qualifying Purchase”) within the Promotion Period. Participating small businesses can be identified by the Small Business Badge. Click here for more details.
- For every £1 spent on a Qualifying Purchase within the Promotion Period, you will receive one entry into the Prize Draw.
- Entries will not be valid until step a) is completed (herein after referred as “Valid Entry”). All Entries made prior to completing step a) will not be entered into the Prize Draw until registration is completed. If step a) is not completed within the Promotion Period at all, then all Entries will be void and you will receive no Entries into the Prize Draw.
A maximum total purchase value of £1500 for entry into the Promotion, and therefore 1500 entries is permitted per person throughout the Promotion Period.
If you make one or more purchases that individually or combined exceeds the £1500 total spend across the Promotion Period, once 1500 entries have been accumulated, you will only receive the maximum 1500 entries into the Prize Draw.
No person may win more than 1 Prize from any Prize tier (see clause 5 for further details).
There will be a total of 15,670 winners in the Promotion as follows:
- Star Prize: 30 winners will win 1 x £5000 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.
- Tier 1: 130 winners will win 1 x £1000 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.
- Tier 2: 440 winners will win 1 x £500 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.
- Tier 3: 880 winners will win 1 x £250 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.
- Tier 4: 3,470 winners will win 1 x £100 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
- Tier 5: 10,720 winners will win 1 x £50 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card
FURTHER PRIZE DETAILS AND CONDITIONS:
- Further conditions regarding the use of your Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards can be found here.
15,670 provisional winners will be randomly selected from all Valid Entries received during the Prize Draw. The Prize Draw will be conducted by the Administrator within ten (10) working days of the end of the Promotion Period (hereinafter “Winner Selection.”)
WRAP UP PRIZE DRAW:
Following the end of the Promotion Period, in the event of any Prizes that are rejected, undelivered, unclaimed or returned to sender for a period of 45 days after the close of the Promotion Period, Amazon reserves the right to request that the Administrator conducts a random Wrap Up Prize Draw for all non-winning Entrants. As this depends wholly on what is won during the Promotion, the number of Prizes that may be awarded by this route is unknown. Any provisional winners via this route will be notified via email within 48 days from the end of the Promotion Period.
If a Prize goes unclaimed after reaching out to 2 alternate potential winners that Prize will not be awarded.
Provisional winners will be contacted via the email address provided on entry into the Promotion within five (5) working days of Winner Selection and will be asked to visit the winner claim portal (herein after “Claim Portal”) to claim their Prize (herein after “Prize Acceptance”) to provide their details (name, county of residence and email address). Provisional Winners of Star Prizes and Tier 1 and 2, Prizes will also be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility in order to claim their Prize. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners.
In the event that a provisional winner does not respond to the initial contact within fourteen (14) days, Amazon reserves the right to disqualify that provisional winner. If a provisional winner is disqualified, Amazon reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected in the same manner, time permitting.
Upon Prize Acceptance, the Administrator shall deliver the prize to the winner’s email address provided upon registration within five (5) working days. Any winner’s failure to comply with these procedures, or any other aspect of these Official Rules, shall automatically disqualify that winner from receiving a Prize. In the unlikely event that a winner has not received their Prize within ten (10) days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further ten (10) days to inform the Administrator by visiting the Claim Portal. If a winner does not do so, Amazon reserves the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at its sole discretion.
Provided no objection is received from the winners, a winners list containing the surname and county of residence of the Star Prize and Tier 1 winners will be made available on behalf of the Promoter 4 weeks after the close of the Promotion Period, for a period of 8 weeks. It will be available at www.promowinners.com/primedaysweepstakesUK. The winners can object to their details being published during the Winner Notification process. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide winner information to the Advertising Standards Authority when requested by them.
Amazon may request that the winners participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance. If you are a winner and you submit any material, including but not limited to photographs, videos or testimonials, to Amazon for use or publication in connection with Amazon’s reasonable marketing and promotional activities, including but not limited to Amazon’s official social media activities, you waive any right you may have to inspect or approve the activities and you release and discharge Amazon from any claims or liability relating to Amazon’s reasonable use of your material.
Amazon seeks to run a fair and secure promotions and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Official Rules, your entries (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified, any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and we reserve the right to bar you from entering future promotions of ours for a period of at least six months. For this reason, Amazon reserves the right at any point to:
- Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information we consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld unless and until verification is completed satisfactorily.
- Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
- Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
- Disqualify fraudulent bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
- Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
- Disqualify entrants who tamper with the entry process.
- Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not fully meet the requirements of these Official Rules.
- Cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion should it not be capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion.
The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any Prize is not available, Amazon reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute the Prize for another of equal or greater value.
If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Amazon which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Amazon reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Official Rules, or invalidate any affected entries and/or to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
NO WARRANTY. GUARANTY OR REPRESENTATION
All entries become the property of Amazon and will not be acknowledged or returned. To the extent permitted by applicable law, AMAZON AND its AFFILIATES, MAKE NO EXPRESS WARRANTY, GUARANTY, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, (II) DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, AND (III) ARE NOT LIABLE FOR INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Amazon does not guarantee continuous or secure access to www.primedaysweepstakes.co.uk, www.amazon.co.uk or the Claim Portal.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Amazon and its subsidiaries and other affiliates, and its and their directors, officers, owners, agents, co-branders or other partners, employees, information providers, licensors, licensees, consultants, contractors, administrators and other applicable third parties (collectively “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, debt or liability, including without limitation attorney’s fees and costs incurred by the Indemnified Parties arising out of, related to, or which may arise from:
- your participation in the Promotion;
- any breach or non-compliance by you of any of these Rules;
- your actions or omissions; or
- your negligence or violation or alleged violation of any applicable law, regulations, or any rights of a third party.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL AMAZON OR ANY OF its AFFILIATES or agents, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY ARISING OUT PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, LOST PROFITS OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH ANY CLAIM IS BASED. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Amazon will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances of AMAZON.
PRIVACY AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If any part/s of these Official Rules are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
If there is a discrepancy between these Official Rules and those in any promotional material, these Official Rules will prevail.
CHOICE OF LAW
The construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, and the rights and obligations of Entrants, winners and Amazon shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions.
Amazon EU S.à.r.l
38 avenue John F. Kennedy
215 Marsh Road
London HA5 5NE UK